Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas 2006

Zoe -
How, that is the first time I ever wrote down your name. I think. As you know now I am a little on the odd side, I hope I still am when you read this. I was looking at a photo of your dad and the way he was looking at you. I have known him for 12 years and I have never see that look on him before. He looked at you like he was looking at a gift from God, and you were. Knowing those two I am going to be the religious one in the family, but never let that get you. We will have many discussions on this and I can't wait.

Normally I think babies are ugly. Don't believe me? Go somewhere and see one, somone you don't know is preferred. They are ugly, but you, you are so beautiful and when you look at me with those eyes, I can't wait for the days that you tell me stories about what they have seen.

You will have ups and downs and if you are anything like me sideways and horizontal. There will be days, weeks, months, where things will seem unbearable. When you have those days call me. There are a few things that I know that will help give you hope and optimism.

As you will read in your history books things are really bad right now. You will read some of my other writings and know what I mean. I see such a bleak future most of the times. When I first held you in my arms and and you couldn't control your eyes. You were making a sucking face looking for foo. I saw you as a toddler bumping into things, going through grade school, middle school, high school, art school (that is where I am laying my money, two scientist have a little artist child, auntie Jen will help you, not auntie Marti, trust me, long story. ) as I was holding you and you were squirming in my arms I thought about the world and where it was head. I again so a bleak world much darker than the one we enjoy today. That is when it occured to me. I need to make that not so. It is my responsibility and that of my friends to give you a good world and a place to be happy. I not sure how I am going to do it or if I succeed, but for you I will never stop trying.

Love you!
Vince

I have money on you being a lefty, that should freak your dad out becuase he thinks you might be like me and he thinks I am, well, nuts. I like to think that I am creative with my sanity. Your Dad is a good man. That is the highest complement I can pay to a man.

Picking up auntie Marti at 7:20 am, it is 2:35, I am going to go and take pictures at sunrise. It is that art streak that makes me know that art will be your passion. Well at least I have $200 (adjusted for inflation)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home